The Haley House is the oldest house in Guilford County on its original foundation. Owner, John Haley completed the house in 1786.
The house has gone through many renovations throughout its time. This is a photo of the Haley House in the early 1900s.
By 1931, a porch had been added to the back of the house. This is the only known image of the porch addition.
By 1943, the back porch was closed in and the east annex what removed.
The "Haley House" renovation in 1944 was the first dramatic change to the house. A real estate company bought Haley House and restored it to its "original Williamsburg style." This was not the correct historic period for this house. Above is the actual real estate listing from The High Point Enterprise!
The Haley House had few renovations between 1944-1966.
Following the city's purchase of the Haley House in the late 1960s, High Point Historical Society and the Junior League of High Point restored the house to its original design for the public to enjoy.
Visit the High Point Museum to learn more about the history of the Haley House, its inhabitants, and about life in the early 1800s North Carolina Backcountry!